Wednesday, February 22, 2023

DECISION TIME

 Well, I have some good news for you. To start the week off right we have finally decided what our short film will be about. Drum roll please 🥁🥁🥁

The topic for our film is trying to be the best at sports, working so hard and giving it you all for at the end not get any results or satisfaction and fighting that mentality you gain as you progress through the sport. 

Now dont think I’ve forgotten about the beauty standard topic because we have also included the topic in our film, let me tell you how. The sport that we decided to focus on is gymnastics because this sport is so mentally draining and it can really do a number on the way you look like. Gymnasts are always stereotyped to be these tiny petite women and if you dont fir this body type then they tell you you are not good enough to for the sport. What does this do the kids that are just trying to enjoy the sport? It spirals into a whole mentality of comparing yourself to your teammates whether that is physically or skill wise, body dysmorphia etc… that is why we chose this sport because it allowed us to include both of the topics that we discussed to do and let me tell you i have lived though all these issues and expectation because little did you know that I have been doing gymnastics since I was five and was getting weighted and told to watch out what I ate since i as 7. 


Yeah i know pretty shocking but you learn how to live with it as a kid. I’m excited to make this short film about this topic and show a little bit of the dark side of the sport and send an emotional message at the same time. 

Alright we have a topic now can you guess what comes next? YOU GUESSES IT!! Planning, planning and more planning so stay tunde for that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

WELL THIS IS IT!! PROJECT COMPONENTS

 Well thank you for accompanying me in this long process, I loved sharing my progress with you and hope to see you soon! I hope you like our...