Friday, March 10, 2023

KEY ART RESEARCH

 So earlier this week Ms. Stoklosa gave us a lesson on the third component of the project which is the key art component. Since we are doing a short film we have to make a postcard that advertises the film at ill festivals (hypothetically). Now the post card needs to be double sided and needs to include the title, key art, directors name, date, time, location, and social media info which is a lot of information. Naturally, i did some research to analyze and to get some inspiration in order to succeed on this part of the project. 

Now, I had a hard time researching profesional short film postcards so i went to Ms. Stoklosa’s website and checked out past projects. This is what I found: 


This person did a really good job with the postcard , you can see it h everything they need to have and even more. The front of the postcard is incredibly simple but it does the job, it is not overwhelming you right away, there is not a lot going on, yet, it speaks for itself. Now, the back of it has a little more than the front and it should because the point is for the person to turn the card around and see all the information about the film. Isabella, has again the title and directos name written in the back as well as in the front which adds to the whole constant branding. After that, she has a one sentence summary of the film kinda like the main idea which i would love to add that way people can know what the film is about in a general way but something hat still intrigues them to make them watch. Then she added the cinematographer’s name, the people that are starring on the film, and the editions name, now this I really liked because this isa way to credit everyone that participated in the film not only the director, this is something I would like to add. And lastly, at the bottom she has her information and the QR code for the film’s social media. The only thing I wouldn’t take away from this postcard is her information that she added because I don’t see the point of that. 

The next one i saw was this project done by Paola Sirignano, 


The thing about this one is I don’t think the colors and branding match, on the front side it is black and white and on the back isa mix of black and reds and they are in different directions which I dont match. While doing my postcard I would have to take into consideration the direction fact and that it has to match with the color branding and the whole branding of the project t create consistency. Nonetheless, I feel like for our postcard we could play with the whole and black shade since we plan on using color degrading on our film so maybe we could try and play with that on our postcard which i think she did a really good job on the front side with the black and white. 

NEXT… 



This project was also really good even though it was more on the simple side it accomplished everything a post card should do. To begin with, the colors match and stay consistent which is the way I would like to go, something that stays consistent, yet, they are inferential pictures im guessing from the film which created consistency throughout the whole project and not only the post card. I liked the addition of the taglines on the front and backside because I feel like it tells the person looking at it about what the film is about but at th same time it doesn’t. Kinda like a little bite of something and then they take it away, if that makes sense. 

Lastly, I was able to find one profesional postcard, 


The thing I liked the most about this postcard was the imagining of the front, I think it adds a touch of texture and feeling, something that would catch the viewers attention right away, I would love to do something like this for my postcard but we will see if it happens. Lastly, I love how everything matches and the little summary of the film which I keep seeing a lot as a good thing because I think it is necessary attention to it to hook the reader.

To conclude this blog post, this is another thing we have to do and I feel better after this research post to create this postcard because I feel like I gained more knowledge and a lot of inspiration for this part so I feel good, hopefully, it turns out good. I’m excited :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELL THIS IS IT!! PROJECT COMPONENTS

 Well thank you for accompanying me in this long process, I loved sharing my progress with you and hope to see you soon! I hope you like our...