Thursday, March 2, 2023

SOCIAL MEDIA TIME

 Like I said in the blog before I had completely forgotten about the whole social media component of the project 😬 oops. That is why today in class we focused and talked a lot about this whole component and guess what that means? More research…

To begin with we decided to promote and share our film through Instagram and TikTok and you might be wondering why. Well, like I said in my target audience blog we plan to target this short film to a younger audience which is why TikTok makes sense because these kids are attracted to TikTok the most and it is where they spend most of their time online. Moreover, it is a great platform to make videos that interact with the audience such as TikTok challenges. In addition, we decided on Instagram because it would reach a greater audience of younger teens and where we can promote the short film, the most and do fun activities. 


Instagram: 

The first thing we did was create an Instagram account for the film and now it was time to post on it but we were a little stuck on where to even begin. What should be your first post? How do you keep building from that first post? So many questions to be answered which is why I went on my phone and searched movies and TV shows with Instagram to get some inspiration. I checked out Free guy, everything everywhere all at once, not okay, and A24. 

The first thing I noticed about the first post for each film was either the trailer or an announcement of when the trailer was coming out. And after that, they are different posts about promoting or interacting with the audience or meeting the cast or behind the scenes, etc. there are a few posts that stood out to me I would love to incorporate on our Instagram. 

For the movie "Free Guy" the thing that I noticed the most about their social media is that they post a lot of videos and not a lot of pictures. They posted the trailers and many teasers many times throughout the movie and special videos with the main protagonist kinda like interviews. Nonetheless, I liked these posts because it highlights some BTS pictures of when they were shooting the movie in addition, to the soundtrack of the movie which is a nice touch that I would love to add to our social media for greater audience interaction. 





Now the movie "not okay" used these really nice graphics to show what critics said about the movie and I honestly loved it, I think it really adds a nice aesthetic vibe to the whole Instagram and it is something different. In addition, they used the same vibe and brand to introduce the cast and the character and their connection in this diary form that shows the cast's script notes and symbols that represents their character which I absolutely loved. 

TikTok: 

TikTok would be mostly used for videos that interact with the audience and in a way to create a platform in which the audience can relate to the casts by posting "TikTok challenges" or "TikTok dances". Nonetheless, it Is also going to be used for gaining a higher following in which the same videos that will be posted on Instagram will be posted on TikTok, that way if we are able to grow TikTok Instagram will immediately get more attention as well. 

I know that is a lot of information but be prepared for that because time is moving fast and so do we. This is where everything gets real but that is all for this social media post and let me tell you this is my favorite part, I think social media for marketing is fascinating which is why I plan to study this in the next chapter of my life. But anyway, the next tasks to finish this week are: creating the Instagram, deciding on a title, begging posting, and lastly, creating a logo or profile picture for it. Stay Tuned!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

WELL THIS IS IT!! PROJECT COMPONENTS

 Well thank you for accompanying me in this long process, I loved sharing my progress with you and hope to see you soon! I hope you like our...